Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving: Days 21-23

Day 21: I am thankful for my in-laws. Every family is special in their own way, mine included. I'm sure to the foreign eye, every family looks a little strange. But I'm so grateful we can have fun together. And that my mother-in-law is such a loving person. 
I'm grateful for her for raising my husband the way she did, making him such an incredible person. Who knows how he could have turned out. :) I miss them so much. The downside to having in-laws that you love so much, is that they live far away sometimes. FYI- Canada is FAR away. I think it'd due time we pop in for a visit. 

Day 22: I am thankful for food. Mmm mmm. There is not much else I can think of on Thanksgiving. I'm not just thankful for food because it keeps me alive and healthy. I LOVE food. I don't just eat it out of necessity, I enjoy every bite. I have a love affair with my food! 

Day 23: I am thankful for my body. And I don't mean that "sexy thang" that catches my attention in the mirror. Let me explain. 

Exactly one year ago today, I was three days late. Yes, just three. I knew something changed. I was never late. (No, not to an appointment. :) Let's keep up). On Wednesday morning, Novemeber 23rd, I took a test. Probably the most important test of my life. I'd never be the same. You could say I passed...or failed, based on how you look at it. Let's just say it was positive. 



On that day, I had so many emotions. Indescribable emotions. And now, looking back a year later. I marvel at the fact that my body was able to create such a miracle. 

 Two days after we found out!


As I've gotten older, and spread my own wings a little, I've been able to meet lots of people, and I've made new friends. I've come to the realization that not all women are able to "create". Women that I care for. Women that I have come to love. It has made me SO grateful for my own body. And it makes me hope that I'm not the only one. That we, as women, can not take our bodies for granted. That we can ALL be grateful for the ability to "create". 



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment