Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving: Days 14-17

Day 14: I am thankful for my washer and dryer. Washing clothes by hand...NAH! I think I'll pass. I swear, I could just kiss the person who invented such a thing! Let me tell you a story. 

Porter has been sleeping through the night for a LONG time now. Well, the other night he woke up at 5am. Usually, if he wakes up in the middle of the night, we just give him his binky and he falls asleep right away. So I did. Fifteen minutes later, he woke up. So I gave him his binky again. He fell asleep. Fifteen minutes later, he woke up! What the heck? This was out of the ordinary. 

Good thing we have a plan B. If he is still fussy after giving him his binky, we lay him in bed with us. Maybe that's a bad habit, but for a little more sleep, it's worth it. So I picked him up to bring him to bed, and his poor bum was soaked. (BAD MOM). So I changed him, which woke him up quite a bit. (The kid isn't used to interaction in the middle of the night anymore). He refused to go back to sleep, after a half hour of fighting him, Andrew decided we should just make him a bottle. I thought this was a bad idea, seeing as he hadn't had a bottle in the middle of the night in such a long time. I thought he'd spit it all up. Sometimes in the mornings, if we feed him too soon after waking up, he gets spitty. 

Well, we made him a bottle anyway. And much to my surprise, he made it through the whole bottle just fine....UNTIL...I was burping him for the last time, when he started gagging. 

Needless to say, he threw up his entire 7oz. bottle. (Yes, he drinks 7 ounces!!). He threw up on himself. He threw up on me. He threw up on my bed. It was EVERYWHERE. Nice and warm. Everywhere. I'm so proud of myself for not gagging. 

Wow. That was a long story for such a simple point. What I was trying to get at is, I'm grateful that I have a washer that takes care of nasty messes for me!

Day 15: I am thankful for my dishwasher. Not to be mistaken for the above mentioned. These are two very different things folks! Andrew and I were just talking about this the other day, how grateful we are that we don't have to wash all our dishes by hand. 

I am in the process of a Pinterest cleaning project. (Which I am very excited to post about later). And one of the steps I took includes my dishwasher. Let's just say ammonia is involved, and I'm so grateful I didn't have to deal with that fumy mess. 

Day 16: I am thankful for caffeine. Holy cow, soda is my vice. I know it's bad for me. I know I shouldn't. But I just love it. We have too good of a relationship to break it off now. Besides, we might just end up getting back together later. I could never say, "We are never ever ever getting back together". 

Day 17: I am thankful for music. No really. It was my life!... Before I got one. And if you know the reference to the quote just above this, than I have a treat for you. If you don't know the reference, please click this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64

Now that you know, I would like to give you my opinion. This song is not a gem. This song is obnoxious. You are entitled to your own. But if you happen to agree with me, here is your treat. This song is the gem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3JcHALUPg

If you enjoyed that cover like I do, than you understand somewhat, my love for music. Music is something tangible, it's not just something you hear. It's not just words to a beat. It's something you feel, and something that touches you, if done well. There are so many musicians I have found, that are just magical. And I love filling my home with music. I love playing music for Porter, and watching his eyes light up. It's something that can truly bring joy into your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment