Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving: Days 18-20

Day 18: I am thankful for my dad. He is such a hard worker! He has worked some awful jobs, and I know he did it all for my family. His main goal has always just been to provide for us. What a tough job, I know he would've rather been around more than been somewhere working. 



He acts like such a tough guy, but when it comes down to it, he's a huge teddy bear. Especially when it comes to his six girls. The real tough guy comes out if you hurt one of us. He goes into "papa bear" mode and it takes some time to calm him down. 

Here's an example:

Andrew and I wrestle A LOT!! I'm feisty, what can I say? Once, while engaged, we were wrestling in my parent's front room. Andrew knows some moves, and it got pretty intense. So, not thinking, he used one on me. I think it's called an arm bar. Well, he pulled pretty hard, and I screamed and started crying. 

I don't want you to think my husband's abusive, if anything, it's the other way around. Like I said, I'm feisty. But I promise this is the only time he's hurt me like that! It was not on purpose! 

Anyway, I screamed pretty loud, and in lots of pain. I've never seen my dad move so fast. He came running down the stairs and saw me on the floor sobbing. The man came unglued, and started screaming at Andrew. I calmed him down finally, but it took some work. 

Don't worry, my dad LOVES Andrew. And they have a great relationship. This was just a good example of how protective my dad can be over us. You might think that's a bad example, or that it makes my two favorite men look bad. But, the truth is, I felt so loved when my dad stepped in. I knew then, if I never did before, that my dad would do anything to protect me. And I love him for that. 



And look what a cute papa he is!!


Day 19:I am thankful for my brother. I know what you're thinking. "Why is she mentioning her whole family separately?" They all deserve to be mentioned separately, that's why. I love them far too much to just mention them in one generic post. 



Daniel and I used to be best buds. Back when I played Legos with him. But being as there is a 5 year gap between us, that had to come to an end eventually. Now he's 16, and going through those "teenage years" and he's got the attitude for it. But I love him to death. He is the biggest goober. And he's so funny, being raised by 6 girls has really gotten to him. He will be such a gentleman though, he knows, from all our rantings, exactly how to treat a girl. And the kid actually has an opinion if you ask him which shoe looks better with your outfit. Now, I know other guys don't appreciate that fact, but I KNOW his future wife will. 



Day 20: I am thankful for baked goods. Not just to eat them, but to bake them. Baking is one of my biggest passions! I've always wanted to go to a Culinary Arts school. And hopefully one day I can. As for now, I will have fun pretending I'm a pro. And making my hubby fat in the process. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment