Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Confession: Sometimes I don't have the time to bake completely from scratch. 

There are a few great recipes I've found that take "the short cut" route. If you're like me, you LOVE dessert, but you have lots of other things you could be doing, rather than spending your day in the kitchen. So here's a yummy Fall inspired dessert designed for one of those days. 


Pumpkin Spice Muffins


Ingredients:

1 Spice cake mix
1- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 bag choc. chips 

AND a super cute baking partner! (optional)


Okay, okay. But seriously, just the three ingredients!! I told you this was quick and easy.



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
With an electrical or hand mixer, blend pumpkin puree and spice cake mix until smooth. 


Mix in chocolate chips.



Line muffin tin with paper cups and scoop batter evenly. I like to use a large ice cream scoop. Keep in mind that these muffins don't rise very much. I fill them 3/4 full.





Bake for 18-20 minutes.



AND.....DONE!!
Let cool or enjoy while warm. 

These muffins are seriously fool proof, yet delicious. You can also bake as cookies. OR, if these bad boys aren't sweet enough for you, than I suggest cutting them in half horizontally and spreading some cream cheese frosting in between. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment