Thursday, December 6, 2012

The End of Thanksgiving: Days 24- 30

Well, it looks like I let myself get behind again. So here I go. On to catching up. 

Day 24: I am thankful for books. I love to read, if I actually get the chance. 

Day 25: I am thankful for electricity and technology. I don't think I could survive living in another time. 

Day 26: I am thankful for new friends. I have made so many throughout my life. And quite frankly, I could always use more. So...will you be my friend?? :)

Day 27:  I am thankful for the Gospel. I am LDS. My life wouldn't be the same without it. 

Day 28: I am thankful for my 5 senses. That I have ALL of them. And I'm not lacking any, although, some may same I'm hard of hearing. ;)

Day 29: I am thankful for all the many ways of travel. Whether you need to go around the corner, or across the Country, we have all these options of travel for us to choose from. I'm going to California in a couple weeks, and I just can't wait. 

Day 30: I am thankful for new experiences. I was able to have a baby exactly four months ago, and that was a new experience. I became a mom to that baby. That was a new experience. And just yesterday, I was able to witness my sister give birth to her new baby. 

My sister and I are very close, and we decided to go off birth control at the same time, so our babies would be close too. And they ended up being 4 months apart. 

It was so amazing being there. I thought it would be similar to the day I gave birth. I knew all births were different in their own way, I was expecting that. What I didn't think of, was that I would be witnessing it from the daddy's perspective  Not just that, but from a third party perspective. Which is way better. I got to stand back and watch the whole scene play out. 

Here's an analogy for you:
It's like watching a movie as opposed to being in the movie. Being an actor is fun, and you know your part, and you're only in certain scenes. And that's how it was giving birth. But when you watch a movie, as a viewer. You get the whole picture. You know what each actor is doing, you get to see each scene, and feel every emotion. 

Sorry if that was WAY too cheesy for you. 

I just feel so blessed to have been a part of such a great thing. I was able to be the "photographer" as well. (I love playing with my new camera. Remember, I've said before that I love PRETENDING to be a photographer). I'm just finishing editing the pictures, and I will post them soon. 

This new experience has inspired me to look into becoming a Doula, and possibly a birth photographer. Maybe once I figure out my camera a little more. :) You'll have to tell me what you think of the pictures. If they're no good, you'll have to stop me from pursuing this new journey. :) 

Thanks for reading this past month, and letting me share with you, just how blessed I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment