Monday, April 7, 2014

Pillow Cover Tutorial

Last Mother's Day, my husband bought me a new sewing machine. I was so excited because I had to get rid of my old one a couple years ago when I moved to St. George for school. 

Needless to say, it had been a few years since I'd sewed anything. :) 

My first project after getting my new machine was a minky baby blanket. Minky is rough. But that's for another post. :) 

I've sewn several minky blankets since then, and a few burp cloths. This was my first project that was just for me, and just for fun. I'm so excited about it. (Even though it's still a simple project.)

Anyway!!!

You know those AMAZINGLY cute {kids pillows} from IKEA?? Well, I bought two a few months ago (how could I not? They're only $1.50, and they are mini size, which is oh so adorable), and I finally got around to making some covers for them. 

Here's the finished product:


To make this exact project, this is what you'll need:

2 KRAKRIS pillows from IKEA
1 yard fabric (Bought mine on fabric.com)
Coordinating polyester thread
2-9" zippers
1 Zipper foot

The pillows are 14"x14", so you'll need to cut 4-15"x15" squares out of your fabric. 


The first edge you will focus on is the zipper edge. I am SO terrible at taking pictures DURING a project, so in order to make sure you know exactly what you're doing, I found a tutorial that shows exactly what I did. You can view it {here}. 

This is what your pillow will look like once it's done!




 My little man, Mr. P, is going to LOVE these. He has a couple "Porter size chairs", so I put one on his couch. And I plan on putting the other one on his little rocking chair. 


Now he can be just like mom. 


I hope you enjoyed. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment