Friday, March 28, 2014

Andrew William

Today...I NEED to take a moment to publicly thank my husband. 

This post's purpose is not to brag. It's not meant to make you feel bad. And I'm certainly not going to tell you that "my husband is better than your husband". I would never do that. 

But I do need to make it known, for his sake, how wonderful he is. This is the equivalent of me "shouting it from the rooftops". 

So here I go, let's hope I don't fall off. ;)

My husband is a 26 year-old genius. If you've ever had a real conversation with him, then you know exactly what I'm referring to. I am constantly surprised at how strong he is-and I'm not referring to his physical muscles-though, those are nice too. He works so hard for our family, and it never crosses his mind to give up. 

He is ambitious. Sometimes, it scares me how ambitious. How can someone be so brave? 

He has been working from home for about two years. And it's been such a blessing.  

When I tell people my husband works from home, they get a mental picture in their minds. They picture lunch dates, and hanging out in bed all day. They picture rainbows and sunshine. And I admit, sometimes it really is rainbows and sunshine.

But let me paint you the real picture. Every morning, my husband walks to his basement office, and locks himself in there for hours. Sometimes forgetting about lunch, sometimes too busy to eat lunch. He has meetings that take up half his day. And then, when he finally comes out at 5 o'clock to "end his day", he still gets phone calls and emails all night long. And most nights, once our little man has gone to bed, my husband makes his way back down to his office to work until 1 am. 

That is what my husband does. Every day. 

I did NOT tell you this so that you feel sympathy for him. Or to make you feel like his job is harder/more important than yours. I am merely explaining what working from home looks like, at least in our case. 

And that is why I am taking the time to write this post. Because, though he is currently sitting downstairs, in his black office chair, he is working. 

Working for our family. Working so that I don't HAVE to. Working so that we can live in this house. So that we have food in the fridge. So that Porter and I can spend every day together. And although you may feel like that's not a big deal, like he's just like every other guy. I know differently. I know that there are husbands out there that don't have his work ethic, his ambition, or his patience. 

So here I am, trying not to take that for granted. 

I love him. And, can you really blame me??

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment