Thursday, November 5, 2015

Gideon's Nursery

When I started Gideon's nursery design, I knew that I wanted it to be more modern, with black and white as the main color scheme. I also wanted to incorporate some buffalo plaid, which meant adding red. That slowly evolved into a woodland/lumberjack theme, and I absolutely love the end results.

When we bought this house, this room was easily the darkest one. Between the yellow/tan doors and baseboards, to the chocolate brown walls, and that dim little light fixture, it basically felt like a dungeon. Unfortunately, we only have one "before" picture. This picture is from the listing...



As you can see, the walls were very dark, and the doors and baseboards were painted a dark cream color (I wish you could tell how dark). 

We gave the doors and trim a nice face lift by painting them ultra white, and we painted the walls a nice blanche color. 

Here's the closest angle I have in comparison to the above photo...



Anyway, enough talk. Let's see those pics!!







































Maybe I went a little crazy with the pictures...OH WELL!! 

As for where I got everything?? 
Here's a nice list with some links to help guide your way:
Crib-Walmart
Rocking Chair-Amazon
Dresser-KSL
Curtains-Target
Floating Shelves-IKEA
Deer/Moose Taxidermy-Fab.com
All Black Frames-Walmart
Wall-Hanging Letter "G"-Hobby Lobby (painted black)
Buffalo Plaid Fleece Blanket-Rowyn Baby
Fitted Crib Sheet-Olive and Andrew (Etsy Shop)
Black and White Patterned Pillow-IKEA
White Fur Throw-IKEA
"Love" Throw Pillow-Hobby Lobby
Alphabet Poster-Snug Studio
Black and White Rug-IKEA
Moose Stuffed Animal-IKEA
Wood Beam Cushions-Amazon
Black and White Floor Bin-Target
Black Fox Cushion-Laura Frisk
Orange Fox Cushion-Gingiber
Bear Stuffed Animal-IKEA
Coon Hat-Amazon
Brown Adventure Print-Hobby Lobby
Artificial Plants-IKEA
Hedgehog Decoration-Home Goods
Black Deer Figurine-IKEA (originally green)
Cash Jar-Walmart
Buffalo Plaid Storage Box-Michaels
Black Marquee Letter "G"-Target
"Little Warrior" Print-Sweet Water Decor
Wooden Owls-Home Goods
Red Lantern-Amazon
Two Wooden Deer-Given to me
Birthday Poster-AKVK Creations
Red Moose Rocker-IKEA
Bear Print-Heather Mettra
Compass Print-Printable Verses
Leo Print-Color Zen
Ceiling Fan-Lowes (in black)

That should cover just about everything in the room. If I had to pick some of my favorite items, I'd have to say my most favorite things are the sentimental items. The things that have some meaning behind them. Some of those items are; the "Little Warrior" print. I picked this printable because it's the meaning behind Gideon's name. The "Leo" print is Gideon's zodiac sign. I also love all the woodland animals everywhere.

Things the room is still in need of:
-New Carpet
-Vinyl for cash jar

If I forgot to list where I got something, let me know. I should remember where it's from, but no promises. :)

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment