Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nail Polish Caddy

Lately, I've been working on making my master bath a little more aesthetically pleasing... but at the same time, I've been trying to come up with ways to organize my bathroom supplies. 


Example:
I recently purchased a necklace stand that will hold all my necklaces, while also displaying them in a pleasing way on my vanity. :) 

I have scrolled and scrolled through Pinterest for ways to organize my nail polish. I found some cute ideas involving spice racks, but ultimately couldn't find any cute wooden spice racks to paint. I found plenty of metal ones, but I wasn't feeling it. 

Next, I decided to look for actual nail polish racks. I found a cute one, but it cost $50 and I decided it just wasn't worth it. 

I recently purchased this cute two-tiered serving tray. I used it for Mr. P's birthday party. 

But NOW...now, it looks like the perfect nail polish caddy.
  • It's got the modern look I was going for.
  • It can easily be taken apart to paint any color your heart desires. 
  • It has plenty of space for my nail polish! 

I've been meaning to update my nail polish organizer for YEARS. Here's what I was keeping them in...


I know what you're thinking. YES!! That IS a classic Caboodle from the 90's...Like I said, I've been meaning to update this for YEARS. :) 

Needless to say, this probably would've gone on for a few more years if I hadn't run out of room. My glorious caboodle started overflowing, I couldn't even fit the cute tray in it anymore because there wasn't even room for all my polish. 

This is what it looks like with all my polish inside. 



And the tray just sits next to it.


Here's my solution. :)




I was able to fit about 46 bottles of nail polish on the top tier. They all vary in size, so that's not a guaranteed number, but there's still plenty of space on the bottom tier. 







If you're like me, and you don't have a TON of nail polish, you will have extra space that you might want filled. 

Here are some options:

You can...

  • Leave the space empty, until you acquire more nail polish.HEHEHE
  • Fill it with nail polish accessories.
  • Fill it with jewelry.
  • The list goes on and on. You have endless options. Afterall, it is YOUR caddy.



As for me?? I'm going to leave the space empty. Now I have a great excuse to buy new polish. It's a great visual for the hubby. He'll see just how little I have. ;) 

Hopefully this sparked some ideas of your own! :) 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment